This fluffy golden pie, which has lots of cheese and bacon, is a hearty country breakfast. From bed-and-breakfast owner Mark Clark: Twin Mountain, New Hampshire. Recipe published in Taste of Home April/May 1999.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 9-inch unbaked pastry shell
- 12 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup(s) shredded pepper Jack or Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup(s) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup(s) finely chopped onion
- 4 eggs
- 2 cup(s) heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- • Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes; remove foil. Bake 5 minutes longer; remove from the oven and let cool.
- • Sprinkle bacon, cheeses and onion over the crust. In a bowl, beat eggs, cream, salt, sugar and cayenne; pour into the crust. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6-8 servings.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note