In order to make this recipe more heart healthy, we decreased the saturated fat and cholesterol by using egg substitute, lean ground turkey sausage, reduced-fat Cheddar cheese, and fat-free milk.
Southern Living JUNE 2006
1. Cook sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat 10 minutes or until sausage crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain well on paper towels, and set aside.
2. Roll or pat 1 can pizza dough into a 15- x 10-inch rectangle on a lightly floured surface; cut into 6 (5-inch) squares. Press squares into lightly greased muffin cups, skipping every other muffin cup. Repeat procedure with remaining can of pizza dough.
3. Spoon sausage evenly into crusts; sprinkle evenly with hash browns and Cheddar cheese.
4. Stir together egg substitute and next 2 ingredients; pour evenly into pizza cups, and sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
5. Bake at 375° for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden. Serve with pizza sauce.
Go to Full Version of