I have used the same priciple for several years. My daughter used to participate in High School Rodeo and we camped at rodeo grounds ALOT! to make sure she had something easy, healthy and quick I would prepare ahead of time. Brown the sausage with onions and a seeded minced jalepeno and set aside to cool. When cool, mix with the thawed hash browns, shredded cheddar and egg substitute (i use eggs we raise chickens). I froze this in the muffin cups sprayed with PAM. When frozen I put in a heavy freezer bag labled/dated. I put as many as I need in the refrigerator the night before, take them out to sit at room temp for 30 minutes or so......and let the oven pre-heat (375). I have used bisquits rolled flat and placed in the muffin cups for the "crust" or canned crescent rolls since we don't have easy access to the pizza dough in a can. i fill each cup, not sure why you would skip cups (?) We use salsa on these, it is really good and very easy.
Breakfast Pizza Cups
In order to make this recipe more heart healthy, we decreased the saturated fat and cholesterol by using egg substitute, lean ground turkey sausage, reduced-fat Cheddar cheese, and fat-free milk.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 20 Minutes
- Calories: 238
- Calories from fat: 20%
- Fat: 5.4g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 12.8g
- Carbohydrate: 34.6g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- Iron: 2.5mg
- Sodium: 763mg
- Calcium: 64mg
- 1/2 pound lean ground turkey sausage
- 2 (13.8-oz.) cans refrigerated pizza crust dough
- 1/2 cup frozen hash browns, thawed
- 1/2 cup (2 oz.) shredded 2% reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 1/4 cups egg substitute
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups pizza sauce
- 1. Cook sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat 10 minutes or until sausage crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain well on paper towels, and set aside.
- 2. Roll or pat 1 can pizza dough into a 15- x 10-inch rectangle on a lightly floured surface; cut into 6 (5-inch) squares. Press squares into lightly greased muffin cups, skipping every other muffin cup. Repeat procedure with remaining can of pizza dough.
- 3. Spoon sausage evenly into crusts; sprinkle evenly with hash browns and Cheddar cheese.
- 4. Stir together egg substitute and next 2 ingredients; pour evenly into pizza cups, and sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
- 5. Bake at 375° for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden. Serve with pizza sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note