We thought this was really tasty, but I'd recommend either greatly reducing or eliminating the salt. It was a very salty dish. The sausage, frozen has browns, and cheese already have enough sodium in them to make it very savory. Overall though, a great dish and easy to put together.
All of the components of a favorite breakfast (eggs, sausage, hashbrowns and bread) are combined into one simple breakfast pizza. This 6-ingredient meal is sure to become your family's next favorite weekend treat. Serve with fresh fruit and juice.
More From Southern Living
Bake Time: 40 Minutes
- 1 (8-oz.) can refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 pound hot ground pork sausage
- 1 (32-oz.) package frozen hash browns with onions and peppers
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Unroll crescent roll dough, and press on bottom and partially up sides of a 13- x 9-inch baking dish; press perforations to seal. Bake at 375° for 5 minutes.
- 2. Cook sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until sausage crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain well, and sprinkle evenly over crust.
- 3. Prepare frozen hash browns according to package directions, and spoon evenly over sausage. Sprinkle shredded cheese evenly over hash browns. (Cover and chill up to 24 hours, if desired.) Whisk together eggs and next 3 ingredients; pour evenly over cheese.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 30 to 35 minutes or until set.
You can also bake this in a 12-inch deep-dish pizza pan or cake pan.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note