Breakfast Pita Pocket
This is a super tasty way to get vegetables into the morning meal and you can change it up to suit your taste. Try substituting broccoli or asparagus for the spinach; add sausage or veggie sausage; use warm whole wheat tortillas, naan or other flatbread in place of the pitas. Recipe from the Whole Foods Market website: http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes/2584#comments.
- Natural spray oil
- 2 cup(s) packed baby spinach (or 1 cup frozen, then thawed and squeezed)
- 3 cage-free eggs, beaten
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) ground black pepper, more to taste
- 1/3 cup(s) grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 whole wheat pitas, warm
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Spray with oil, add spinach and cook, tossing often, until just wilted, about 1 minute. Add eggs, salt and pepper and cook, tossing gently, until fluffy and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat, add mozzarella and toss again. Spoon egg mixture onto pitas, fold in half and serve right away or wrap in foil to eat on the go.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note