Excellent breakfast casserole, don't pass this one up. I added a bit more bacon the second time I made it, being an Iowa girl, bacon makes the world go around. I also recommend Cracker Barrel extra sharp cheddar, or another high quality sharp cheddar.
Refrigerate: 8 Hours
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 8 bacon strips, diced
- 1/4 cup(s) crushed cornflakes
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup(s) milk
- 1/2 cup(s) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 1/2 cup(s) (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 2 1/2 cup(s) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes
- • In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 2 teaspoons drippings. Stir reserved drippings into cornflakes; set aside.
- • In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, cottage cheese, cheddar cheese, onion, salt and pepper until blended. Stir in hash browns. Pour into a greased 9-in. pie plate. Sprinkle with bacon and cornflake mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- • Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5-10 minutes before cutting.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note