Make delicious mini bread bowls from crusty French loaf, then fill and bake with an irresistible breakfast combo: eggs, cheese and ham. Diced cooked breakfast sausage or crumbled cooked bacon can be substituted for the ham. Recipe from Barbara Taragna of Collegeville, Pennsylvania via Pillsbury.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 can(s) refrigerated crusty French loaf
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) rosemary leaves, crushed
- 1 1/2 cup(s) diced ham or Canadian bacon
- 1 1/2 cup(s) (6 oz) shredded Gouda cheese or Cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 dash(es) salt, if desired
- 1 dash(es) ground black pepper
- Step1: Heat oven to 350°F. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray. Carefully cut loaf lengthwise and then cut each piece in half crosswise to get 4 equal pieces. Press each piece of dough into square on cookie sheet. Sprinkle dough squares with basil and rosemary. Top dough squares evenly with ham and cheese. Make small well in center of ham and cheese on each square.
- Step 2: To form crostatas, fold edges of dough up 1 inch over filling, making pleats and pressing dough firmly. Carefully crack open each egg and drop into well in each crostata. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Step 3: Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until bottoms of crostatas are golden brown and egg whites and yolks are firm, not runny.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note