We loved this coffee cake because we love coffee. Super easy, too. The yogurt makes it rich & creamy. I did use half the butter & half the sugar & no icing & it is still delicious. I cooked it for about 35 min. and it was completely cooked with a little crunch on top. Love the grape nuts in it. Will def. make again!
Breakfast Coffee Cake
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 321
- Calories from fat: 22%
- Fat: 7.9g
- Saturated fat: 4.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 4.6g
- Carbohydrate: 59.4g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- Iron: 2.5mg
- Sodium: 342mg
- Calcium: 61mg
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup nutlike cereal nuggets (such as Grape-Nuts)
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso granules
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour (about 7 3/4 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vanilla fat-free yogurt (about 8 ounces)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 tablespoons cooled brewed coffee
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine 1/2 cup granulated sugar, cereal, espresso granules, and cinnamon in a small bowl; stir with a whisk. Set aside.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, remaining 1 cup granulated sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Add yogurt, butter, and egg substitute; beat with an electric mixer on low speed 1 minute or until combined. Spread half of batter into an 8-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with cereal mixture; top with remaining half of batter. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean; cool in pan.
- Combine powdered sugar and coffee in a small bowl; spread glaze evenly over top of cake. Cut into 12 pieces.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Breakfast Coffee Cake Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch