Breakfast Casserole (white bread and egg whites)
This hearty cheese and sausage casserole is convenient since it can be prepared ahead. From Mary Stoddard: Fountain Inn, South Carolina. Recipe published in Light & Tasty October/November 2003.
Refrigerate: 8 Hours
Stand: 5 Minutes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 12 ounce(s) reduced-fat bulk pork sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 2 cup(s) fat-free milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 8 slice(s) firm white bread, cubed
- 2 cup(s) (8 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- • In a nonstick skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink; drain and cool. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, egg whites, milk, mustard, salt and pepper. Stir in the bread cubes, cheese and sausage mixture. Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- • Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note