Breakfast Casserole--Low Calorie
Community Recipe from
- 8 ounce(s) 99% lean turkey sausage or ground turkey
- 1 cup(s) Fat Free Milk
- 1 cup(s) Regular Almond Milk
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 2 1/4 cup(s) egg whites
- 3 large eggs at room temperature
- 14 slice(s) 40 calorie bread
- 3/4 cup(s) fat free mozzerella cheese
- 1. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add sausage to pan; cook 5 minutes or until browned, stirring and breaking sausage to crumble. Remove from heat; cool.
- 2. Combine milk and next 6 ingredients (through eggs) in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- 3. Trim crusts from bread. Cut bread into 1-inch cubes. Add bread cubes, sausage, and cheddar cheese to milk mixture, stirring to combine. Pour bread mixture into a 13 x 9–inch baking or 3-quart casserole dish coated with cooking spray, spreading egg mixture evenly in baking dish. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- 4. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 5. Remove casserole from refrigerator; let stand 30 minutes. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until set and lightly browned. Let stand 10 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ashtongillespie and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note