This is a good breakfast dish when you're short on time. It's simple to prepare and can be made early or even frozen until needed. From Sorrel Pickle: Arcadia, Florida. Recipe published in Reminisce July/August 2005.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 slice(s) bread
- 1/2 pound(s) bulk pork sausage
- 1/2 cup(s) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup(s) milk
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) pepper
- • Remove crusts from bread; cut bread into 1-in. cubes. Place in a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- • In a small skillet, brown the sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Sprinkle the sausage and cheese over bread cubes.
- • In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, mustard, salt and pepper. Pour over the sausage and cheese. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until puffed and golden. Yield: 2-4 servings.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note