- 1 pound ground pork sausage*
- 10 white sandwich bread slices, cubed (6 cups)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Cook sausage in a skillet over medium heat, stirring until it crumbles and is no longer pink; drain well.
- Place bread cubes in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish; sprinkle bread evenly with cheese, and top with sausage.
- Whisk together eggs and remaining ingredients; pour evenly over sausage mixture. Cover and chill casserole for 8 hours. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until set. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- *2 cups cubed cooked ham may be substituted for sausage.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note