Breakfast Burrito with Eggs and Nopales
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 163
- Calories from fat: 32%
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Protein: 11g
- Carbohydrate: 17g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 9mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 687mg
- Calcium: 198mg
- 2 cactus pads, spines removed and trimmed
- 3/4 cup egg substitute
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon chopped, seeded serrano chile
- 4 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) part-skim queso Oaxaca, grated (or light Monterey Jack)
- 1/4 cup chopped seeded plum tomato
- 4 teaspoons Salsa de Tomatillo
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Steam cactus, covered, 5 minutes; cool. Chop to measure 1/2 cup; set aside. Combine egg substitute and salt in a small bowl, stir with a fork.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick pan over medium heat; add onion and serrano, stirring frequently. Sauté 2 minutes; stir in egg mixture, stirring constantly to prevent egg from sticking to pan. Remove from pan when eggs are thoroughly cooked; keep warm.
- Stack tortillas; wrap in damp paper towels and microwave on high for 25 seconds. Place one tortilla on each of 4 plates. Spoon 1/4 cup egg mixture over half of tortilla; top with 2 tablespoons cactus, 2 tablespoons cheese, 1 tablespoon tomato, 1 teaspoon Salsa de Tomatillo, and 1 teaspoon cilantro. Fold remaining tortilla half over filling; repeat with remaining tortillas and ingredients.
- Note: Look for cactus paddles in the produce section of most supermarkets.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch