Breakfast Barley with Banana & Sunflower Seeds
With a whopping 7.6 grams of Resistant Starch plus some metabolism-boosting fiber and MUFAs, to boot, this is an ultrasatisfying morning meal.
Resistant Starch: 7.6g
More From Health
Total: 15 Minutes
- Calories: 410
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.5g
- Protein: 10g
- Carbohydrate: 86g
- Fiber: 14g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 15mg
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup uncooked quick-cooking pearl barley
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1. Combine water and barley in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH 6 minutes.
- 2. Stir and let stand 2 minutes.
- 3. Top with banana slices, honey, and sunflower seeds.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note