Used wheat instead of white because it's what I had on hand -- otherwise made as directed. A good, basic breaded-pork chop recipe.
Breaded Pork Cutlets
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 245
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated fat: 2.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Protein: 28.4g
- Carbohydrate: 13g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Cholesterol: 70mg
- Iron: 1.9mg
- Sodium: 502mg
- Calcium: 33mg
- 2 (1-ounce) slices white bread
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 8 (2-ounce) boneless pork chops (1/4 inch thick)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Cooking spray
- 4 lemon wedges
- Place bread slices in a food processor; pulse 10 times or until coarse crumbs measure 1 cup. Place breadcrumbs in a shallow dish.
- Combine salt, pepper, sage, and thyme; sprinkle over both sides of pork. Place flour in a shallow dish; place egg whites in another shallow dish. Dredge pork in flour, dip in egg whites, and dredge in breadcrumbs. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork to pan. Cook 2 1/2 minutes or until lightly browned. Lightly coat surface of chops with cooking spray; turn chops over. Cook 2 1/2 minutes or until done. Serve with lemon wedges.
Breaded pork cutlets can get soggy while waiting for the pan to heat. Once breaded, place them on a wire rack that's resting over a baking sheet.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note