- Giblets and neck of baking hen
- 5 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 4 cups soft breadcrumbs
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon sage (optional)
- Combine giblets, neck, and water in a large saucepan. Cook 30 minutes. Drain, reserving 3 1/2 cups broth. Discard giblets and neck.
- Sauté celery in butter until tender. Combine celery, remaining ingredients, and reserved broth in a large mixing bowl; stir until well blended.
- Spoon mixture into a well-greased 9-inch square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 40 to 45 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note