Eh, nothing special. Probably won't make again, nothing memorable.
A healthy alternative to fried chicken, this breadcrumb baked chicken recipe tastes best right out of the oven.
Note: The topping is delicious on chicken, lamb chops, or fish, such as halibut, swordfish, or mahimahi.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 311
- Calories from fat: 26%
- Fat: 8.9g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Protein: 36.9g
- Carbohydrate: 18.9g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Cholesterol: 107mg
- Iron: 2.3mg
- Sodium: 573mg
- Calcium: 74mg
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 1/2 cups (1/2-inch) cubed Italian bread, toasted (about 6 ounces)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 8 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Pour 2 tablespoons oil in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Place bread in a food processor; pulse until coarsely ground. Combine breadcrumbs, parsley, cheese, sugar, salt, pepper, and garlic in a shallow dish. Place flour in a shallow dish. Combine egg whites and egg in a shallow dish.
- Dredge 1 chicken breast half in flour; shake off excess flour. Dip in egg mixture; dredge in breadcrumb mixture. Place in prepared dish. Repeat procedure with the remaining chicken, flour, egg mixture, and breadcrumb mixture. Drizzle 1 tablespoon oil over chicken. Bake at 350° 20 minutes or until the chicken is done.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note