- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 1/2 cups (1/2-inch) cubed Italian bread, toasted (about 6 ounces)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 8 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- calories 311
- caloriesfromfat 26 %
- fat 8.9 g
- satfat 2 g
- monofat 4.8 g
- polyfat 1.2 g
- protein 36.9 g
- carbohydrate 18.9 g
- fiber 0.9 g
- cholesterol 107 mg
- iron 2.3 mg
- sodium 573 mg
- calcium 74 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°.
Pour 2 tablespoons oil in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
Place bread in a food processor; pulse until coarsely ground. Combine breadcrumbs, parsley, cheese, sugar, salt, pepper, and garlic in a shallow dish. Place flour in a shallow dish. Combine egg whites and egg in a shallow dish.
Dredge 1 chicken breast half in flour; shake off excess flour. Dip in egg mixture; dredge in breadcrumb mixture. Place in prepared dish. Repeat procedure with the remaining chicken, flour, egg mixture, and breadcrumb mixture. Drizzle 1 tablespoon oil over chicken. Bake at 350° 20 minutes or until the chicken is done.