Bread pudding with whiskey sauce
everyone can enjoy this delicious recipe with or without the whiskey sauce.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 2 tablespoon(s) Vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) nutmeg
- 1 pinch(s) cinnamon
- 6 eggs
- 2 cup(s) milk
- 1/4 cup(s) shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup(s) raisins plumped in boiled water
- 9 cup(s) cubed bread or danish
- Heat milk to 130 degrees. In bowl whip eggs with sugar until thick.. slowly mix hot milk into eggs. Add spices, coconut, and raisins. Place cubed bread into 2 inch deep baking dish and pour custard on top to just cover bread, pat bread down until evenly moistened. Bake at 300 degrees 45 to 55 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.. Serve warm .. topped with whiskey sauce. Can be frozen after baking for later use.
- Whiskey sauce....be sure to save a little for yourself to have a little swig.makes cooking more fun...(little humor)
- In double boiler, cream 8 ounces sugar with 4 ounces of butter.(8 ounces is 1 cup..4 ounces is 1/2 cup) add 4 ounces dark brown corn syrup and 3 Tablespoons water. Cook unti sugar is melted and temperatures is 175. remove from heat and gradually add 1 beaten egg. stirring vigorously. Cool to room temperature and stir in 1/4 cup bourbon whiskey... will keep 1 week in refrigerator...
This recipe is a personal recipe added by toningary and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Bread pudding with whiskey sauce Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts