My family loved this dessert! I served it warm without the sauce and it was moist enough and sweet enough. I added extra blueberries and topped it with some raw sugar for a little crunchiness. Next time I will cut the bread into smaller pieces. My kids have already requested I make it again. It's a keeper!
Bread Pudding with Blueberry-Lemon Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (16-ounce) loaf stale French bread, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Blueberry-Lemon Sauce
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Beat sugar and eggs at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add whipping cream and next 4 ingredients, beating until blended. Fold in bread cubes and blueberries; pour into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch pan. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 40 to 45 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack 5 minutes. Serve with Blueberry-Lemon Sauce and, if desired, whipped cream.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Bread Pudding with Blueberry-Lemon Sauce Recipe at a Glance