- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (16-ounce) loaf stale French bread, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Blueberry-Lemon Sauce
- Whipped cream (optional)
How to Make It
Beat sugar and eggs at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add whipping cream and next 4 ingredients, beating until blended. Fold in bread cubes and blueberries; pour into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch pan. Let stand 10 minutes.
Bake at 375° for 40 to 45 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack 5 minutes. Serve with Blueberry-Lemon Sauce and, if desired, whipped cream.