Savory Bread Pudding with Sage, Mushrooms, and Apple
More From Oxmoor House
Total: 9 Hours, 35 Minutes
- 1 (1-lb.) loaf ciabatta bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 1 1/2 cups chopped sweet onion
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 3 (4-oz.) packages wild mushroom blend
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Golden Delicious apples, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups milk
- 5 large eggs
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Place bread cubes on a large rimmed baking sheet. Melt 1/4 cup butter in a large skillet over low heat. Drizzle melted butter over bread cubes; toss to coat. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until golden, stirring halfway through. Transfer cubes to a large bowl.
- 2. Melt 3 Tbsp. butter in skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and next 4 ingredients to skillet; sauté 12 minutes or until tender. Add mushroom mixture to bread cubes.
- 3. Melt remaining 1 Tbsp. butter in skillet. Add apple; sauté 4 minutes or until golden. Add apple to bread mixture.
- 4. Whisk together cream and next 4 ingredients. Pour over bread mixture; toss well. Pour bread mixture into a greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Cover and chill at least 8 hours.
- 5. Preheat oven to 350°. Uncover casserole and bake at 350° for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until set and lightly browned. Let stand 15 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This