Bread Bowl Seafood Dip
This seafood-stuffed dip is rich, elegant and creamy. From Terry Flewelling: Lacombe, Alberta. Recipe published in Simple & Delicious November/December 2006.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 8-ounce package(s) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup(s) mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) Dijon mustard
- 1 6-ounce can(s) small shrimp, rinsed and drained
- 1 6-ounce can(s) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 2/3 cup(s) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped green onions
- 1 round loaf(s) (1 pound) sourdough bread
- Assorted fresh vegetables
- • In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, mayonnaise and mustard until smooth. Stir in the shrimp, crab, 1/3 cup Monterey Jack cheese and onions.
- • Cut the top fourth off the loaf of bread; carefully hollow out bottom, leaving a 1/2-in. shell. Cube removed bread; set aside.
- • Spoon seafood mixture into bread shell. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Wrap tightly in heavy-duty foil and place on a baking sheet.
- • Bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Unwrap; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and dip is heated through. Serve with vegetables and reserved bread cubes. Yield: 2-1/4 cups.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note