Yield: 8 Servings
Cost per Serving: $1.15
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 392
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated fat: 8g
- Protein: 7g
- Carbohydrate: 63g
- Fiber: 5g
- Cholesterol: 32mg
- Sodium: 609mg
- 1 (1 lb.) loaf firm white bread, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 stick (1/4 lb.) unsalted butter
- 4 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 3 stalks celery with leaves, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups golden raisins
- 1 cup chicken broth, plus extra
- 1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Toast bread on 2 large baking sheets, turning pieces twice, until dry, 18 minutes.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add apples, celery and onion, and cook, stirring occasionally until softened, 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine apple mixture with raisins, bread, broth, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to a large, shallow baking dish or ovenproof serving dish. Drizzle with extra broth, depending on desired moistness; cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake stuffing for 30 minutes (start about 25 minutes before turkey will be done cooking). Remove foil and bake uncovered for 15 minutes longer.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note