- 3 pounds pickling cucumbers
- 3 medium onions, sliced
- 1 medium-size green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 1/2 tablespoons pickling salt
- Crushed ice
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups apple cider vinegar (5% acidity)
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 3/4 teaspoon celery seeds
How to Make It
Wash cucumbers, and thinly slice.
Combine cucumber, onion, and next 3 ingredients in a large Dutch oven. Cover with ice; mix thoroughly, and refrigerate 3 hours. Drain.
Combine sugar and remaining ingredients; pour over cucumber mixture. Heat just until boiling.
Pack hot mixture into 4 hot jars, filling to 1/2 inch from top. Remove air bubbles; wipe jar rims. Cover at once with metal lids, and screw on bands. Process jars in boiling-water bath 10 minutes.