Bread and butter pickles
Community Recipe from
- 2 1/2 pound(s) Pickling cucumbers Sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
- 2 cup(s) red onions Thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup(s) Picklig salt
- 2 cup(s) Apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/4 cup(s) brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon(s) Ginger Peeled and grated
- 1 tablespoon(s) Turmeric
- 1 tablespoon(s) Yellow mustard seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) Corriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon(s) celery seeds
- 2 Fresno chilies or red jalapeÃ±os
- 1. Toss together cucumbers, onions, and salt in a large bowl. Add 3 cups ice ad set aside for 2 hours. Drain, rinse well and drain again.
- 2. Combine vinegar and the remaining ingredients with 1 cup of water in a large pot; bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Add cucumbers and onions, return to a boil.
- 3. Ladle hot vegetables and pickling liquid into 2 clean, hot 1 quart jars, dividing equally. Press vegetables to completely submerge in liquid, leaving 1/2 inch of head space. Wipe rims and seal. Process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Kruybalid and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Bread and butter pickles Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Sauces/Condiments