Great potato salad recipe--love the addition of mustard seed and pickles. A keeper.
Bread-and-Butter Pickle Potato Salad
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 151
- Calories from fat: 17%
- Protein: 3.6g
- Fat: 2.8g
- Saturated fat: 0.6g
- Carbohydrate: 28g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Sodium: 307mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 4 pounds Yukon Gold or red thin-skinned potatoes (about 2 1/4 in. wide), scrubbed
- 2 tablespoons mustard seeds
- 1 cup finely chopped bread-and-butter pickles, plus 1/2 cup juice from jar (see notes)
- 1 cup reduced-fat or regular mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 red bell peppers (8 oz. each), rinsed, stemmed, seeded, and diced
- 3/4 cup minced parsley
- Salt and pepper
- 1. In a 6- to 8-quart pan, combine potatoes and 3 quarts water. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender when pierced, 20 to 30 minutes. Drain well and let stand until cool enough to touch, 15 to 25 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, soak mustard seeds in about 1/2 cup hot water until soft, about 5 minutes. Drain.
- 3. In a large bowl, mix mustard seeds, chopped pickles, pickle juice, mayonnaise, and vinegar. Peel warm potatoes, cut into about 3/4-inch cubes, and drop into dressing. Add bell peppers; mix gently. Let cool to room temperature, at least 15 minutes. Add 1/2 cup parsley and salt and pepper to taste; mix gently. Scrape into a serving bowl and sprinkle with remaining parsley (see notes).
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Bread-and-Butter Pickle Potato Salad Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Salads