Did not know if I would be a big fan of this recipe as I was wary of the whole "pineapple" thing. It was delicious! I sliced the steak before marinating and when it was time dumped it all on a foiled broiler pan and broiled it until there were good charred bits on about 50% of the meat. The wife and I raved about this. Only used two teaspoons of chili garlic sauce in the dressing. Excellent!
Brazilian Grilled Steak Salad
Photo: Annabelle Breakey; Styling: Karen Shinto
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 546
- Calories from fat: 46%
- Protein: 51g
- Fat: 28g
- Saturated fat: 6.8g
- Carbohydrate: 23g
- Fiber: 3.6g
- Sodium: 936mg
- Cholesterol: 135mg
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 5 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak, thinly sliced across the grain on a diagonal
- 1/2 pineapple, peeled, cut into 1/2-in. rounds
- 2 red bell peppers, stemmed, seeded, and quartered
- Juice of 1 lime
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- 2 teaspoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Asian chili garlic sauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 8 ounces baby spinach (2 1/2 qts. lightly packed)
- 1. Heat grill to medium (350° to 450°). In a medium bowl, whisk together honey, 2 tbsp. soy sauce, the garlic, and ginger. Add steak and toss to coat. Grill pineapple and peppers with lid down until beginning to char, turning once, 3 to 6 minutes total. Transfer to a plate, core pineapple, and cut pineapple and peppers into chunks.
- 2. Whisk together lime juice, orange zest and juice, remaining 3 tbsp. soy sauce, the vinegar, chili garlic sauce, and oil in a small bowl; set dressing aside. Oil cooking grate, using tongs and a wad of oiled paper towels. Grill steak with lid down until meat is sizzling and mostly browned, turning once, 2 to 4 minutes total, being careful slices don't fall through grate.
- 3. Toss together spinach, pineapple, bell pepper, steak, and dressing in a large bowl until evenly coated.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes