Brazilian Black Beans
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 package(s) black beans soaked overnight
- 1 ham hock
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 large green pepper chopped
- 1 head(s) garlic chopped
- 4-6 jalapeno peppers chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon(s) any vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- In the morning drain the water the beans have been soaking in and cover with 6 cups of fresh water. Add the ham hock and bay leaves. Bring to a boil and then simmer about an hour. In a large skillet sauté (in olive oil) the onions, green pepper, garlic and jalapeños. Remove the bay leaves from the beans and shred the ham off the hock and return ham to pot. Add sautéed vegetables to pot and add vinegar. Cook for another 30 minutes to one hour. Serve over brown rice.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by dcous52 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Brazilian Black Beans Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes