I made this drink for a Bridal Brunch party. It is a great summer drink, everyone, including the men loved it!!
Save this recipe for the next time you're having a crowd over for a weekend party. It makes a big batch, but it also keeps well in the freezer for up to three months, so it's easy to enjoy on short notice.
More From Southern Living
Other Time: 4 Hours, 35 Minutes
- 9 cups boiling water, divided
- 4 regular-size tea bags
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 (12-oz.) can frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 (12-oz.) can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1 2/3 cups brandy
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 4 (10-oz.) bottles club soda, chilled
- Garnish: lime slices
- 1. Pour 2 cups boiling water over tea bags; cover and let steep 5 minutes. Remove and discard tea bags, squeezing gently.
- 2. Stir together remaining 7 cups boiling water and 2 cups sugar in a Dutch oven, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Stir in tea mixture, orange juice concentrate, and next 3 ingredients. Let cool to room temperature (about 30 minutes). Divide mixture between 2 (1-gal.) zip-top plastic freezer bags; freeze 4 hours.
- 3. Remove bags from freezer 30 minutes before serving. Squeeze 1 bag with hands to break mixture into chunks; pour into a pitcher, and stir in 2 bottles club soda until slushy. Repeat with remaining bag, if desired. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Brandy Slush Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Beverages, Beverages, Alcoholic
- CONVENIENCE: Entertaining, Freezable, Make-Ahead
- MAIN INGREDIENT: Fruits
- DIETARY CONSIDERATION: Low Cholesterol, Low Fat, Low Saturated Fat, Low Sodium
- OCCASION: Birthdays/Anniversaries, Mother's Day, Spring, Summer, Valentine's Day, Winter
- PUBLICATION: Southern Living