this is a very easy and good recipe to serve when it is cool outside and guests are coming to visit; I use diced tomatoes instead of Rotel
Brandy's White Chili (Soup)
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- T. olive oil
- 1 med onion chopped
- 3 cloves fresh garlic minced
- 2 cans (mexican) Rotel
- 1 med jalepeno seeded
- chicken broth 2 cans (i use more)
- 2 cans green chilies
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken (i boil it)
- 1/2 tsp oregeno
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- heaping cilantro
- 2 cans Northern beans
- 2 T. lime juice (i use more)
- Garnish-sour cream, corn chips, monterey jack cheese
- Boil chicken gently and I use that broth.
- Heat oil in a large stockpot over med heat.Add onion, saute 3-5 mins until soft. Add garlic and cook a little longer. Do not brown. Add Rotel and jalepeno. Cook for 10 mins stirring occassionaly. Add chicken broth, green chilies, chicken, oregeno, cilantro, cumin, beans, and lime juice. Cook until heated thoroughly. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with a dollop of sour cream, chips and cheese in bowl. I add fresh cilantro to my bowl as well.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by charlotteram and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note