This was ok. I was disappointed that there wasn't more brandy or Kahlua flavour. I found it needed something more than just a sprinkle of berries so I made a berry topping with sugar cornstarch and water. Next time I'll half the recipe. My pan wasn't big enough.
Brandy Alexander Cheesecake
Allowing chill time for a cheesecake is important for developing texture and flavor.
More From Southern Living
Total: 11 Hours, 8 Minutes
- 1 (10-oz.) box chocolate-flavored bear-shaped graham crackers, crushed (about 2 1/4 cups)
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 4 (8-oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 4 tablespoons brandy, divided
- 4 tablespoons crème de cacao, divided*
- 1 (16-oz.) container sour cream
- Garnishes: blackberries, currants, raspberries, strawberries
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. Stir together crushed graham crackers, butter, and 1 Tbsp. sugar. Press mixture on bottom and halfway up sides of a 9-inch springform pan. Freeze 10 minutes.
- 2. Beat cream cheese, 1 1/4 cups sugar, and cornstarch at medium speed with an electric mixer 2 to 3 minutes or until smooth. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating at low speed just until yellow disappears after each addition. Add 3 Tbsp. brandy and 3 Tbsp. crème de cacao, and beat just until blended. Pour into prepared crust.
- 3. Bake at 325° for 1 hour or just until center is almost set.
- 4. During last 2 minutes of baking, stir together sour cream and remaining 1 Tbsp. sugar, 1 Tbsp. brandy, and 1 Tbsp. crème de cacao.
- 5. Spread sour cream mixture over cheesecake. Bake at 325° for 8 more minutes. Remove cheesecake from oven; gently run a knife along outer edge of cheesecake, and cool completely in pan on a wire rack (about 1 1/2 hours). Cover and chill 8 to 24 hours.
- 6. Remove sides of springform pan, and place cheesecake on a serving plate. Garnish, if desired.
- *Coffee liqueur may be substituted. We tested with Kahlúa.
- Note: We tested with Nabisco Teddy Grahams chocolate graham snacks.
To freeze up to one month, wrap springform pan tightly with aluminum foil, and slide into a zip-top plastic freezer bag.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note