I have made this several times for Thanksgiving and everyone loves it. I did modify the recipe by adding 1 1/2 T. each of brandy and water rather than a full 3 T. of brandy.
Brandied Sweet Potatoes
- 2 pounds medium-size sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons brandy or water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cook potatoes in boiling water to cover in a large Dutch oven 30 to 35 minutes or until tender; drain. Cool slightly; peel. Cut potatoes crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
- Cook brown sugar and next 3 ingredients in a skillet over medium heat, stirring constantly, until bubbly. Add potato, and cook, stirring gently, until glazed. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables