- 2 (29-ounce) jars spiced peaches, in heavy syrup
- 12 whole cloves
- 1 (4-inch) cinnamon stick
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mace
- 1 cup brandy
- Drain peaches, reserving syrup; set aside. Insert one clove into each peach; place in a medium saucepan. Add reserved syrup, cinnamon, and mace; cook 5 minutes over medium heat. Remove from heat.
- Carefully remove peaches from syrup mixture; pack into 3 hot sterilized 1 pint jars, leaving 1/2-inch head space. Pour 1/3 cup brandy in each jar. Bring syrup mixture to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until mixture is reduced by half.
- Pour hot syrup mixture over peaches, leaving 1/3-inch headspace in jars. Cover at once with metal lids, and screw bands tight. Process in boiling-water bath 20 minutes. Serve over Blancmange or ice cream, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts