Brandied Hot Chocolate
On a chilly day, our grown-up version of hot chocolate -- rich with bittersweet chocolate and punched up with French brandy -- will warm you to your toes.
Yield: Makes 4 mugs
- 1 1/2 cups grated bittersweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup dry milk powder
- 4 cups whole milk
- 4 tablespoons Armagnac
- Whipped cream or marshmallows, for garnish
- 1. In a medium bowl, mix grated chocolate and dry milk powder.
- 2. In a medium saucepan, heat whole milk over medium heat. Once heated, stir in the chocolate mixture and whisk until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth and hot.
- 3. Pour 1 Tbsp. Armagnac into each mug (four mugs total), then fill each mug with the smooth, hot chocolate mixture. Serve hot, garnished with whipped cream or marshmallows.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This