Brandied Fruit Starter
- 1 (15 1/4-ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 (16-ounce) can sliced peaches, drained
- 1 (16-ounce) can pear slices, drained
- 1 (10-ounce) jar maraschino cherries, drained
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brandy
- Combine all ingredients in a large glass mixing bowl; stir gently. Cover and let stand at room temperature 3 weeks, stirring fruit twice a week. Serve fruit over ice cream or pound cake, reserving at least 1 cup of fruit mixture to use as a starter at all times.
- To replenish starter, add 1 cup sugar and one of the first 3 ingredients every 1 to 3 weeks, alternating fruit each time; stir gently. Cover and let stand at room temperature 3 days before using.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note