Brandied Fruit Logs
- 1 1/2 cups currants
- 1 1/2 cups raisins
- 1 1/2 cups candied red cherries, halved
- 1 1/2 cups chopped candied pineapple
- 1 1/2 cups brandy
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- Dash of ground nutmeg
- Combine currants, raisins, and candied fruit in a large mixing bowl; add brandy, and stir well. Cover tightly, and let stand at room temperature 1 to 2 days, stirring occasionally.
- Cream butter in a large mixing bowl; add sugar, and beat well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift together flour, soda, salt, cinnamon, allspice, cloves, and nutmeg in a medium mixing bowl. Gradually add to creamed mixture, stirring well after each addition. Fold in reserved brandied fruit mixture.
- Spread mixture evenly in a greased 15- x 10- x 1-inch jellyroll pan. Bake at 325° for 35 minutes. Cool completely in pan before cutting into 3- x 1 1/2-inch bars.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts