- 1 (16-ounce) can sliced peaches in light syrup, drained
- 1 (17-ounce) can apricot halves, drained
- 1 (20-ounce) can pineapple chunks, undrained
- 1 (8-ounce) jar maraschino cherries, undrained
- 5 cups sugar
- 1 2/3 cups brandy
- Combine all ingredients in a large glass mixing bowl; stir gently. Ladle mixture into clean jars; cover with metal lids, and screw bands only fingertip tight. Let stand in a warm, dark place 3 weeks, stirring fruit every other day with a wooden spoon.
- Serve fruit over ice cream, orange sherbet, or pound cake, reserving at least 1 1/2 cups fruit mixture to use as a starter at all times. Yield: 2 1/2 quarts.
- Note: To replenish starter, add 1 cup sugar and one of the first 3 ingredients every 1 to 3 weeks, alternating fruit each time; stir gently. Cover and let stand at room temperature 3 days before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments