Brandied Cranberry Oranges
- 6 blood or navel oranges
- 2 (12-ounce) packages fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons brandy (optional)
- Peel oranges, if desired. Cut oranges into 1/8-inch slices, discarding ends. Cut slices into quarters.
- Layer one-third of orange slices, one-third of cranberries, and 1 cup sugar in a large bowl. Repeat procedure twice with remaining fruit and sugar. Cover and let stand 8 hours.
- Bring orange mixture and orange juice to a boil in a Dutch oven; boil, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves. Pack hot fruit into jars, filling to 1/2 inch from top. Add 2 tablespoons brandy to each jar, if desired. Cover fruit with boiling syrup, filling to 1/2 inch from top. Remove air bubbles; wipe jar rims. Cover at once with metal lids; screw on bands.
- Process in boiling water bath 15 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments