Rainiers are stunning in cocktails in place of fluorescent maraschinos (and are great on ice cream too). They'll start to darken after a month, but will taste even better.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 78
- Calories from fat: 1%
- Protein: 0.4g
- Fat: 0.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 15g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sodium: 0.4mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1 pound pitted Rainier cherries
- 1 cinnamon stick, about 3 in. long
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup brandy
- 1. Put cherries and cinnamon stick into a 1-qt. sealable glass container, such as a mason jar.
- 2. Bring sugar, brandy, and 1 cup water to a boil in a small saucepan and boil until sugar has dissolved.
- 3. Pour hot liquid over cherries and let cool to room temperature, about 2 hours.
- 4. Seal jar and chill until cherries have shrunk and absorbed liquid and are flavorful, at least 1 month and up to 4 months.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note