Brandied Plum-Vanilla Bread Pudding
Brandy-spiked dried plums bejewel this delicious vanilla-infused bread pudding, putting a decadent spin on comfort food.
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 2/3 cup)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 212
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 3.3g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 6.7g
- Carbohydrate: 33.9g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Cholesterol: 83mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Sodium: 222mg
- Calcium: 79mg
- 3/4 cup pitted dried plums, quartered
- 1/3 cup brandy
- 1 1/2 cups 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 5 cups (1/2-inch) cubed dry French bread (6 ounces)
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup vanilla light ice cream (optional)
- 1. Place plums and brandy in a bowl. Let stand 30 minutes. Pour mixture into a sieve over a bowl, reserving soaking liquid. Set plums aside.
- 2. Combine reserved soaking liquid, milk, and next 4 ingredients (through eggs) in a large bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Add bread, tossing gently to coat. Stir in plums. Spoon mixture into a 1 1/2-quart round casserole coated with cooking spray. (Dish will be full.) Cover with foil; let rest 30 minutes to absorb liquid.
- 3. Place dish in a 5-quart round electric slow cooker; add enough hot water to cooker to come halfway up sides of dish. Place several layers of paper towels across top of slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 4 hours or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 4. Remove dish from slow cooker. Serve bread pudding warm. Top with ice cream, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts