Brandied Apricot Bars
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 148
- Calories from fat: 35%
- Protein: 1.6g
- Fat: 5.8g
- Saturated fat: 3.4g
- Carbohydrate: 23g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Sodium: 94mg
- Cholesterol: 38mg
- 1 cup (1/2 lb.) butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups chopped dried apricots
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup apricot brandy or liqueur, or orange juice
- 1 tablespoon plus 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1. In a bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, and the brown sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs, vanilla, and orange peel until well blended.
- 2. In another bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. Stir or beat into butter mixture until well blended. Stir in apricots and raisins.
- 3. Spread batter evenly in a buttered and floured 10- by 15-inch baking pan. Bake in a 350° oven until center springs back when pressed and bar is no longer wet in the center (cut to test), 20 to 25 minutes.
- 4. Meanwhile, in a 1- to 1 1/2-quart pan, combine remaining 1/2 cup granulated sugar, the apricot brandy, and 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Bring to a boil over high heat; remove syrup from heat and let stand. In a bowl, stir remaining 4 teaspoons lemon juice and the powdered sugar until smooth.
- 5. Spoon apricot syrup evenly over warm bar. Let cool completely, then cut into 36 bars. Drizzle lemon icing over bars in pan.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per bar.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts