The first time I made this recipe we were all surprised at how good it was. My Mom stole my recipe and has fixed it for her friends who have stolen the recipe as well. Yummy.
Braised Tuscan Pork Loin
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 (4- to 5-pound) bone-in pork loin roast
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 large sweet onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 (9-ounce) cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- Rub salt and pepper evenly over roast; let stand at room temperature 15 minutes.
- Brown roast in an ovenproof Dutch oven coated with cooking spray over medium heat until browned on all sides. Remove roast, and set aside.
- Add onion to Dutch oven, and sauté 3 to 5 minutes.
- Return roast to Dutch oven. Stir together tomatoes, ketchup, vinegar, and brown sugar. Pour tomato mixture over roast.
- Bake, covered, at 350° for 1 hour. Stir in beans, and bake, covered, 45 more minutes. Stir beans and sauce; bake, uncovered, 15 more minutes or until meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion of roast registers 160°. Remove from oven, and let stand 5 to 10 minutes before slicing. Slice roast evenly into 8 chops, and serve with beans and sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note