Braised Spring Vegetables
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 bunch small carrots (1/2 pound), peeled and trimmed
- 1 bunch small turnips (1/2 pound), peeled and trimmed
- 1 bunch radishes (1/2 pound), trimmed
- 1 bunch asparagus (1 pound), bottom 2 inches trimmed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- Juice of 1 medium orange (3 tablespoons)
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1. Heat olive oil and butter in a large pan over medium heat until butter melts. Add carrots and turnips, and sauté, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes or until golden brown.
- 2. Add radishes, asparagus, and tarragon, and sauté 1 to 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in remaining ingredients. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 2 to 3 minutes or until liquid is thickened slightly and vegetables are tender. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables