- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 bunch small carrots (1/2 pound), peeled and trimmed
- 1 bunch small turnips (1/2 pound), peeled and trimmed
- 1 bunch radishes (1/2 pound), trimmed
- 1 bunch asparagus (1 pound), bottom 2 inches trimmed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- Juice of 1 medium orange (3 tablespoons)
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
How to Make It
Heat olive oil and butter in a large pan over medium heat until butter melts. Add carrots and turnips, and sauté, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes or until golden brown.
Add radishes, asparagus, and tarragon, and sauté 1 to 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in remaining ingredients. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 2 to 3 minutes or until liquid is thickened slightly and vegetables are tender. Serve immediately.