Really yummy and hearty dish. Very easy to make. Served with two-cheese grits and sauteed spinach and garlic. Perfect southern dinner or Sunday supper!
Braised Short Ribs and Vegetables
More From Southern Living
- 4 pounds beef short ribs, trimmed and cut in half
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (14-oz.) can fat-free beef broth
- 1 (15-oz.) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 4 carrots, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 medium-size sweet onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Hot cooked grits
- Chopped fresh thyme (optional)
- 1. Rinse short ribs, and pat dry. Remove and discard silver skin, if necessary. Sprinkle ribs with salt and pepper.
- 2. Cook short ribs in hot oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat 10 minutes on each side or until browned. Transfer ribs to a 6-qt. slow cooker.
- 3. Add broth and next 5 ingredients to slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH 6 hours or until meat is tender. Serve over hot cooked grits. Sprinkle with chopped fresh thyme, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note