Braised Root Vegetables and Cabbage with Fall Fruit
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small white onion, thinly sliced
- 4 carrots, sliced 1/3 inch thick
- 4 large radishes, quartered
- 4 baby turnips, peeled and quartered
- 3/4 pound(s) Savoy cabbage, cored and coarsely chopped
- 1 Golden Delicious apple--peeled, cored and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup(s) low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 Bosc pear--peeled, cored and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350°. In a large, deep skillet, melt the butter in the oil. When the foam subsides, add the onion, carrots, radishes, turnips, cabbage, apple and garlic. Season with salt and pepper and cook over high heat, stirring, until the vegetables are lightly browned in spots, 6 minutes. Add the broth and bring to a boil. Cover and braise in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes, until tender.
- 2. Stir in the pear and cook over high heat until the liquid is evaporated and the pear is tender, 5 minutes; transfer to a bowl and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note