Braised Red Cabbage and Pears
- 2 pears, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons bacon drippings or vegetable oil
- 2 cups apple juice
- 1/2 head red cabbage, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- Cook pears in drippings in a medium skillet over medium heat 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Add apple juice and next 4 ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes. Stir in butter until melted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note