Braised Red Cabbage
- 1 medium-size red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 bacon slices, diced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 apples, peeled and sliced
- 3/4 cup red wine
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- Toss together first 4 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Cook bacon in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat 10 minutes or until crisp. Add onion, and sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in cabbage mixture, apples, red wine, sugar, and minced garlic. Cover, reduce heat to medium, and simmer 30 to 35 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables