- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 (1 3/4-pound) honey mustard-flavored boneless center-cut pork loin filet (such as Hormel Always Tender)
- 1 cup sliced onion (about 1 medium)
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1 teaspoon country-style Dijon mustard
- 2 1/4 cups peeled and sliced Gala apple (about 2 medium)
- 4 cups coarsely chopped green cabbage (about 1/2 head)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 bay leaf
- calories 246
- caloriesfromfat 27 %
- fat 7.3 g
- satfat 3.2 g
- protein 25.2 g
- carbohydrate 22 g
- fiber 2.3 g
- cholesterol 57 mg
- iron 1.3 mg
- sodium 837 mg
- calcium 36 mg
How to Make It
Melt butter in a deep, large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork; cook 6 minutes, browning on all sides. Remove pork from pan; set aside, and keep warm.
Reduce heat to medium. Add onion; cook 3 minutes. Combine cider and mustard. Add cider mixture, apple, and next 3 ingredients to pan, scraping pan to loosen browned bits.
Return pork to pan; cover and cook 18 minutes or until a thermometer registers 155° (slightly pink). Remove pork from pan. Cover with foil, and let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Discard bay leaf.